We showed our latest project at Sea Otter a few weeks ago and we thought we would share a few media links as well as few points about the German Fauza battery and motor system we are using.
Electric Bike Report:
About the Fazua System:
Here is some general information about the Fazua battery and motor system we are using in our new gravel e-bike:
- Fazua is a relatively new brand, founded in 2013.
- Headquartered in Germany.
- Sold in Europe and found on bikes from Logo, Cube, Fantic, Bulls, Look, Donnelly, and more.
- Lightest mid-drive motor system available.
- Centered system means a more balanced ride.
- This is a Class 1 e-bike.
- A Class 1 e-bike, or low-speed pedal-assisted electric bicycles, is equipped with a motor that provides assistance only when the rider is pedaling and stops providing assistance when the bicycle reaches 20 mph. These e-bikes are legal on any paved surface that a regular bike is allowed to operate.
- Power range: 250 - 400 watts max
- Assist turns off when speeds exceed 20mph
- 60 Nm of torque at the crank.
- Battery weight: 1.4 kg/3lbs
- Range on flats: ~ 60km/37mile on the flats with 100% battery at max out put.
- You can ride bike without the battery and motor.
- Feels like a traditional bike when motor is off or removed and there is no drag or friction in the bottom bracket.
- An optional battery cover can be used in place of the motor unit and battery if you choose ride without the power assistance.
- Riding without the motor an battery will reduce overall bike weight by 6.4lbs / 2.9kg.
- Fazua App Features: - GPS navigation and tracking
- - Speedometer
- - Technical overview, state of battery
- - Support and access to Fazua Service
- - Interact, share your rides with friends
- - Summary and analyze the collected data after your ride in detail